Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Bonifacio High Trip

I've been in Bonifacio High Street before but last Friday, I had the chance to stroll the place entirely. After a tiring yet fun shopping experience in Divi with my Honey, I met up with my good 'ol bud, Lara. I actually arrived at around 8pm when supposedly I have to be there by like 7pm. Good thing Lara can't be mad at me since she has someone with her while she's waiting for me. She tagged along her guy friend too, which happens to be our Grade School batch mate in CSA. His name is Majed. He just came back here in Philippines last month from NY. I know him by name and I knew what he looked like when we where just grade schoolers. I was kinda surprised that he changed a lot. He got taller, had long & curly locks and undeniably thinner!!! He used to be the chubby err huggable dude back then. Well, it's been almost a decade so I wouldn't be that alarmed. A lot would have happened in his and our life. He even confessed that he really couldn't remember me. He also knew me by name but he really thinks that I 'mutated'.. Yeah, mutated was his term. Haha! I'm not sure about that 'coz I know I didn't change. Maybe a bit but not 'mutated'. I dunno. Maybe he's just too forgetful.

Anyway, we had a lot of walking.. going back and fort, checking out every menu on mostly all American, errr any restaurant which has selection of Beef on its menu. He wants to eat Beef Ribs, strictly not just Short Ribs! As if I had a choice or beg to stop his cravings, right? Besides, I'm not that hungry that time so I think any food would satisfy me. Sounds like a we're off for a Treasure Hunting, or more like Beef Ribs Hunting..LOL. After an hour of 'Ribs searching', we finally saw Beef Ribs in a menu of this Crab House /American Grill. We decided to eat na sa Claw Daddy with the lobster claw in its logo. Haha! First order: Beef Ribs!! Then, we added salad and pasta for variety. I can't remember the exact name of each since we just relied on its description and pointed the name on their menu book. The food was great! We were surprised about their servings, they're so huge! Good for about 2-3 people on EACH dish.

Our pix @ Claw Daddy:

Majed, Me and Lara





After that heavy dinner, we decide to walk again. We window shopped in All Flip Flops and Fully Booked. We saw piles of Twilight books from their book shelf display. I can't help but hand the book and see how much it is. It costs Php799 for a hard bound copy. Woah! I thought it was expensive but Lara told me that the price is okay since it's a hard bound copy. I was really thinking twice if I would go purchase it. "Nah!", I told to myself. If I would buy one, I would be buying the other three too. I was thinking to add the Twilight books in my Christmas list. Haha!

Afterwich, we headed to Hai Bar & Restaurant. The crowd wasn't that good, at least for us. It was actually super crowded. As we entered the bar, stares from mostly all the people there were on us. That's so crazy and ackward at same time. So we went out and met up with Lara's friend, Niko. Then, I went to HSBC building to meet my Honey. As we went back to Hai Bar, Celine was there already. Just in time to seek for another place to have a drink and hangout.

We took a long walk (from Hai Bar to Pier One). Take note: I was wearing 3-4 inches boots. Haha! As we were nearing the place, Niko suggested the Porcelain Bar. First time to go there so we all gave it a shot. Our first bucket of San Mig Light was fast. As if we just drank water to quench our thirst. Well, I guess it did became our thirst quencher since we walked a mile. Haha! Our second bucket was good, we saw Yayo and her daughters entered the door. We all think she's such a very pretty mommy. They were like having a mother-daughter friday night gimik, which is cool. We ordered pulutan with our third bucket and forth bucket. As we gulp our semi-alcoholic drinks, stories about almost everything was discussed and shared. From current events to our job, freelance, love life, marriage, TV series, hobbies, and lastly... our planned vacation in Bataan on the first week of January! Wohoo! A good way to start the new year! Haha! Humirit pa sila for 5th bucket!! Woah! Tipsy tipsy me!

Our pix @ Porcelain:

Drunkie drunkie... Niko, Lara and Majed. haha!

Our blurry group pic

Lara, Celine, Me and Honey

On our way back to Hai Bar..and Mcdo!

We got hungry so we grabbed a bit to eat at McDonalds.. We all went home at around 4am. Haha!

It was helluvah night! Can't wait for our next drinking session on Saturday (Lara's birthday celebration)

'Till next time! :)

No comments: