Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Swing Out Sister..Breakout!

I was in that concert last night in Araneta. I was with my Ate Beth, Kuya JR, Kuya Lloyd, Kuya Lloyd's Girlfriend Sheryl and Hon. We actually availed the ticks (Upperbox A) one month ago pa. Sheryl used her credit card to buy 'em and I haven't paid her yet. Ack!

So yeah.. We went to Araneta Coliseum at around 6pm but we headed to Taco Bell in Gateway Mall to eat Burritos, Nachos and Churros...Lolz! I miss eating my fave snack, churrrrosss! I wanted to buy more so I could have something to chomp during the concert but unfortunately that was prohibited. I think there are food stalls inside the dome. And I know there is Pizza Hut that sells 50 pesos for a slice o' pizza. Ang mahal ah! No thank you!

We entered the big dome at 7:45pm and we waited for more than 1 hour before the concert started. Did I mention about the front act? Well.. It's not worth mentioning I guess. Faith Cuneta was the front act and sang 4 or 5 songs. Boohoo! The funny part was she actually asked the audience "Do you want more?(songs)" And we all shouted "No!" Hahaha! For pete sake, SOS na please!

So anyway, the concert was F-A-N-T-A-S-T-I-C! Swing Out Sister high five for you! It felt like listening to their CD. I have 4 of their albums on my ipod and I find their songs so soothing and groovy at the same time. They are so great in live performance! The vocalist (Corinne Drewery) interacted with her audience so well as she speak some tagalog words! "Magandang Gabi Manila!", "Kamusta?", "Ayos ba kayo?" And she says "Salamat" most of the time (especially after a song). Hehe ang kulet nga eh! Nagkwento pa na galing lang sila sa England, and it's snowing there. Tapos dito daw sa Pinas "Ang ineet dito!" Bwahaha! Kulet! Tapos nakasakay daw sya ng "jeepney" and wishes to have one and bring it to their town.

They played 18 songs! Not bad for a concert.. Actually, sulit nga eh! Here are some of the songs that the Swing Out Sister played (not in exact order):

Surrender
Beautiful Mess
Butterfly
You On My Mind
Twilight World
Forever Blue
Am I The Same Girl
Sugarfree
Breakout (Of course!)

There was a time that they all left the stage after a song and everyone was chanting "Breakout!.... more!" I really thought that the concert has already ended. Until they went back to the stage again after a couple of minutes.. Corinne changed her outfit! She was wearing a "barong" dress and she mentioned that it was intentionally made for her to wear it in the concert. Kewl! She actually love wearing it! Their final song was "Breakout" and actually did a superb encore!

Last night was such a helluvah night! :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi,
nice review! How many people do you estimated went to the concert?

Is there any place where I can find out how many people went?

Thanks

Ninaf01 said...

Ey there! How did you know about my blog? Anyway, estimated number of the people at the concert last night? I have no idea...probably at the araneta office or SM ticketnet..i dunno. Sorry.:)