Tuesday, February 12, 2008

A cool Sunday.

Last Sunday was a blast 'coz I went to my sister's company event "Kenny's Open '08" at the Rockwell Tent. There were lots of activities, booths, sponsors, celebs and Kenny Rogers healthy food of course! Yum! *drooling*

Kenny Rogers Roasters have launched several healthy gourmet dishes. Aside from the yummy foods, there were lots of fun filled activities such as the different exercise classes powered by Fitness First, Gymboree and Little Tikes. Shop and suit up with awesome Adidas gear at amazing prices. Overflowing Coke Light and other Coke products. There were also one-on-one health and diet consultations with dietitians and nutritionists (but I didn't want to consult..go figure.) Oh oh and oh... We exclusively meet and greet the event's emcees! Amanda Griffin! Wahh.. I super love her since she became Candymag covergirl. Pretty pretty pretty Amanda! We took pictures with her, of course. Too bad Marc Nelson and his Amazing Race partner Rovilson Fernandez were busy talking to someone so we didn't have a pic with him... err them. (ok lang, meron na naman akong solo pic with him (Marc Nelson)...kahit super dati pa yun.) Better luck next time? Wish there will be an event like this again. Haha!

My mom, bro and I went crazy ordering "free" Kenny dishes at the counter. I ordered one of their new dishes: Pesto Pasta. And for my drinks? Mango Smoothies... *drooling again* After eating my luscious meal, I saw familiar faces. Uy si Will Devaughn, Dione of PBB and Kian Kazemi! Of course, I told my sister "Picture, picture!" Nyahaha! Kinapalan ko na mukha ko. Yup may pic ako with them. With the 2 guys lang, at nasa gitna nila ako. Wah! Ang tatangkad nila.. Here's the pic:


Oh d'ba? Parang close kami. Hehe!

Anyway.. Before leaving the event we ordered again for take-out! As we got home, guess what's our food for dinner? Kenny Rogers Roasted Chicken and Baby Back Ribs with side dishessss! *drooling for the last time*

Foodtrip!

I forgot to blog about last Sunday's homily. Probably because I was busy yesterday? Hmm I guess not. It just slipped my mind. Oh well. Fr. Robleza spoke about the importance of showing little of sacrifice in our daily lives. Showing a little appreciation to a stranger who has helped you in some way. (The driver in a vehicle that made you pass to cross the street, the lady from the elevator, cashier, bagger boy in the grocery, etc.)

Do good deeds to others. Repent for your sins. Cleanse your conscience. We should all be spiritually ready for Lent.

No comments: