Thursday, June 12, 2008

Sex and the City: The Movie

I finally saw Sex and the City last night! (I couldn't wait any further, my high school friends kept me hanging!) So, I made my Honey watch the movie with me.. Good thing meron pa sa G4! You would think that by now, 2 weeks later, on a Wednesday night no less, there won't be that many people. But no. It was still a full house! The moviehouse was packed full of women that probably brought their girlfriends with them. Haha!


I suppper luurrvvee the movie!

I always watch the TV show back then in HBO.. and I have to say that the movie was a long version of the TV series but the much waaay much better and bolder!

I can't help but blurt my favorite parts from the movie: (in no particular order)
WARNING: Spoilers ahead!!
  • Vogue magazine pictorial: those bridal gowns are just gorgeous! Carrie was like a sophisticated and fab barbie doll
  • The opening scene: Carrie was walking down the street wearing a white dress with a big flower
  • The night before the wedding "slumber"/"bachelorette" party: how the 4 girls share stories and insights about Carrie and Big's lovelife
  • Take and Toss: the 3 girls helped Carrie decide if the dress she has should be kept or not.. As Carrie fashion showed her dresses, the 3 girls act as judges.
  • Charlotte's very angry line for Big: "I curse the day you were born." And then her water broke.
  • The bridal entourage dress: I like Charlotte's black dress! It reminds me of Morticia Addams (the mom from "The Addams Family") but Charlotte's dress is nicer and fashionable. Lolz!
  • The diamond flower ring of Samantha: How she wanted it so bad and she lost the auction 'coz she only has a limit of $50,000. Then she knew that Smith won the auction so He could give it to Samantha as 5th year anniversary gift to Samantha.
  • Their trip to Mexico: I find it cute and sweet knowing your friends are always there for you especially when you're emotionally down..
  • Samantha's comment on Miranda's natural forest: "Wax much?"
  • How can I forget the walk-in closet? Wah! I think most of the girls would love to have one.. Well, I do! :p
I actually love most of the scenes! Hindi ba masyadong halata? Hehe! Hate ko lang yung mga cuts! Badtrip eh, 'di inayos yung pagkakaputol. Anyhow, SATC would definitely be in my list of my most favorite movies for 2008. I'll just probably wait for about a month and cross my fingers for it to be available for a DVDrip download. Ha!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

here's a good one for you. The designer of the SEX IN THE CITY Auction Ring is a filipina, RAMONA MAGSAYSAY BOUCHER of BASTION out of Miami and her website is : houseofbastion.com