Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Edward Scissorhands (1990)

I have seen the movie Edward Scissorhands for the nth time.. and yet I never get tired watching it on my ipod. ('Di naman halata na favorite ko na siya noh?) Ang ganda kasi.. :)

I watched this movie for the first time when I was still a kid. My sister thinks that Edward (played by Johnny Depp) was such a cutie. And I was like: "'Di ah.. Tignan mo naman itsura nyan. Cute ba yan?"

Yeah yeah back then I easily judge someone physically.. Sobrang puti naman kasi nya tska ang dami nyang scars. Haha! But when I knew that Johnny Depp was behind those black strapped jacket? I got impressed and started to have a huge crush on him. I liked the way he smiles and the way he reacts on the movie. Also, Kim (played by Winona Ryder) is like an angel. I was so touched on how Edward showed his feelings towards Kim. Sobrang favorite ko na tong movie na toh.

My favorite lines from the movie:

Kim:
Hold me.
Edward: I can't.



Kim: You're here... They didn't hurt you, did they?
[Edward shakes his head]
Kim: Were you scared? I tried to make Jim go back, but, you can't make Jim do anything. Thank you for not telling them that we...
Edward: You're welcome.
Kim: It must have been awful when they told you whose house it was.
Edward: I knew it was Jim's house.
Kim: You... you did?
Edward: Yes.
...Well, then why'd you do it?
Edward: Because you asked me to.

[last lines]
Kim: You see, before he came down here, it never snowed. And afterwards, it did. If he weren't up there now... I don't think it would be snowing. Sometimes you can still catch me dancing in it.

No comments: