Thursday, July 24, 2008

The Dark Knight [2008]

Another movie review.. for the sake of posting a blog entry. Haha! I'm too lazy to write a review after I finish watching a certain movie (either from DVD, from my iPod or moviehouses). But I enjoy discussing and sharing side comments and observations with someone who have also seen what I've watched. My honey and I watched this movie last friday night but as I have said.. I am lazy to write reviews!

So yeah...

Hmm.. Though the movie was quite long (almost 3 hours), we got entertained. Some first scenes are a bit dragging but as the movie progresses, it became exciting. I actually thought Joker was the protagonist.. Lolz! I mean "The Joker" stole the whole movie! He stole every scene he was in. Heath Ledger(+)'s acting was brilliant, dramatic and convincing! Harvey Dent? So-so.. I didn't realize at that moment that He was actually Two Face! (Sorry naman! Slow ako eh!) I forgot Harvey Dent is Two Face. Tska kasi they changed the story on how he got the scar. But the burn looks sooo real here! Yung mukhang sunog talaga.. Kita na yung ngipin.. wala na cheeks.. I couldn't really stare on his face..

Christian Bate as Batman? I honestly don't like him as Batman! For me, the best would be... Uhm, It's actually a tie between Michael Keaton and Val Kilmer! :) Rachel Dawes.. Hmm... I think she's old for the role. Lolz! Dunno.. Maybe because the role was originally for Katie Holmes. I'm not familiar with the actress actually. Her name is Maggie something.. Hmm.. I dunno if it's just me but there's something about her facial expressions that reminds me of Kirsten Dunst. I like Katie Homes for the role better. I've read in a friend's review that Katie turned the role down 'coz of schedule conflicts problem.. Too busy being a mom i guess. Anway, too bad Rachel died in the story.

Fave lines (all from the Joker):
- The ever popular -- "Why so serious? "
- "Let's put a smile on that face!"
- "You prefer a magic trick, instead? Watch me make this pencil disappear."
- "If you're good at something, never do it for free."

"Batman: Why do you wanna kill me?
The Joker: Kill you? I don't wanna kill you... you complete me." (Parang Pop Cola lang eh!)

No comments: